Monday, April 30, 2012

Tricky Turtles...

This morning I came downstairs like I always do..and went to check on Marty, my red eared slider. I've had him for a year since he was a little bit bigger than a quarter (which I found out was highly illegal!) Sorry. He was no where to be found..not in the tank...not on the floor around the tank. I started throwing everything in sight around, and this little escape artist was hiding under a bag of rabbit bedding (as dry as can be). I wonder how long he was out of the water for? He sure as dried out..so after a little rinse in the sink to take all the lint off of him..back to the tank he went.

Here he is, back in his tank. Forever on the go! I couldn't get a decent picture of him!

Not to be outdone, here's Maddy..lounging around.

I guess this is my version of tortoise and the hare? haha turtle and the lionhead rabbit? Maddy is looking extra ferocious in this picture :) Special hello to Bunny Boy, my new follower! Take care everyone!

7 comments:

  1. A turtle escape artist what ever next.Maddy you're looking extra posh today must be all that grooming.we asked bunny boy to pay you a visit I guess he did.lol speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speedy my friend, Thank you! Maddy is always in some kind of mood, mostly bad lol..forever grouchy hehe

      Delete
  2. goodness! you have quite the menagerie! One day I will have so many animals.. but for now just one bunny.

    About your sneaky turtle (which is illegal to have, but my snapping turtle probably was too), I have had similar experiences. As mentioned I had a little snapping turtle at one time, and she was quite the escape artist. She got out twice and was missing for about a week each time and we would find her in the basement in the laundry area hiding under a pile of dirty laundry. I can only imagine how she managed to get down the stairs lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow snapping turtle! Did you ever have any close calls with fingers? I was cleaning the tank and Marty bit the palm of my hand, kinda freaked me out haha. Your turtle sounded worse than Marty!

      Delete
    2. ya I got a couple nips, but it was just a baby so it wasn't that bad. Eventually I released Chomper back into the wild where she belonged

      Delete
  3. I can just imagine Marty playing it cool whilst being watched and then...
    'QUICK! NO ONE's LOOKING!'
    *Leaps out the tank, looks left & right, dashes beneath the bunny bedding*
    'HA HA! NO ONE WILL FIND ME HERE!'

    Very sweet babies, aren't they? And your Maddy is one gorgeous bun!

    ; ) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I bet that is exactly how it went! Idk why they say turtles are slow, Marty is pretty quick when he needs to be hehe.

      Delete