Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Two words from Maddy..

Thank you ♥

This was the first picture I took of her a few minutes after I brought her home, before my phone died and before I passed out on my bed from sheer utter exhaustion...if you look closely, shes smiling :) She is where she belongs, happy, on the road to recovery, and by the grace of God...alive, so very alive...

I forgot to mention that everyone at the vet office was sad to see her go. I mentioned the fact that i was so scared of losing her and one of the ladies said, "honey, we all thought she didn't have a chance...but we didn't tell you that. you've got yourself one special bunny..she went through A LOT of anesthesia."

Dr. Ayres told me he stopped by the clinic at 10pm that night to give her more fluids..and that the vet tech he operated eith stopped by in the morning to check on her also. Both alsoin shock of this bunny who beat the odds...that's my girl. never give up...never surrender! I gave her the antibiotics this mrning before I left work without a bunny burrito, she just slurped it right out of the syringe...i'm in my room right now typing this from my phone...and i think I just heard a lion roar..a lion named Maddy. I'm as proud as proud can be.

♥Megan

8 comments:

  1. You are one strong bunny Maddy! I hope you continue to get better and healthy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, tough as nails Maddy. She is a pistol, ain't she... I will say my nightly rosary for her until she is done with her antibiotics and her stitches heal up. Crazy girl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bunny Megan,our bunnies do suprise us don't they?Maddy the Lion Heart!we shall keep on with the prayers till she is fully recovered and then its time for the Pirate Party to celebrate both Maddy and Speedy's return to full health,love you both,xx Rachel and Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such good news! It seems to me that Maddy is smiling in all of her pictures, because she's such a strong bunny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She slurped it! What a bunn! Maddy, you keep getting stronger and stronger, and, Megan, we are wishing you some good relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh heck! This is the first I hear of this!! Glad to hear she's fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great news!! I'm so happy for Maddy!

    Wishing you both a beautiful Labor Day! Hugs, Francesca

    ReplyDelete